Frequently Asked Questions

10:00 am - 5:00 pm; Tuesday-Thursday

What are your hours?

Where are you located?

We are located at 8729 Aviation Blvd. Inglewood, CA 90301. Our building is part of a complex, and we are the first building on the left when you turn into the complex.

Where do I park?

Parking is immediately to the left when you pull into the complex.

How do I enroll?

Our enrollment process involves an interview process to make sure you are the right candidate for our program. Please visit the Enrollment page to request an interview.

We do not give tours to the public. Our facility is a private facility and you must have an appointment to enter the building.

Do you give tours of the facility?

Our online program is in development.

Do you offer online classes?

Currently, we are not able to offer M-1 or F-1 visas. It may be possible to attend on a "vacation visa." Visas are granted at the discretion of a student's home country.

Do you accept international students?


Do you accept transfer credits from other schools?


Do your credits transfer to other schools?

The Academy is a "Non-Degree Granting Institution." Our 3 part program offers certificates of completion. These are not degrees.

What degrees or certificates do you offer?

No. The Academy does not qualify for student loans (Title IV).

Do you offer loans?

You may pay for each of the three levels of the program individually instead of one lump sum.

Are there payment plans?

Potential students schedule a phone interview and an in-person interview. Staff will review a potential student's music. A final enrollment meeting is set to process payment and sign the enrollment agreement.

What is the enrollment process?

1500 Sound Academy accepts students at the beginning of their journey as well as experienced students. Acceptance is determined case by case.

What if I just started making music?

The catalog contains tuition and materials costs.

What does it cost to attend the Academy?

We provide internships, however you must be currently enrolled in a post-secondary program or college receiving college credit.

To be considered for and Engineer/Production internship you must know Pro-Tools and Ableton.

To apply, please submit your resumé and cover letter to

Do you provide internships? I am an Engineer. Can I apply for a job?

Volume Studios is on schedule to open November ‘19.

Do you have a Recording Studio?